Friday, May 26, 2017

Outlander Series Reading Challenge Check-In Post #4



Hello Lovelies! First off, apologies for the post not showing up last month; I had some blog and personal issues going on.
 
So, we’ve made it to out 4th check-in and our 5th month of the Outlander Reading Challenge Check-In! Give yourselves a pat on the back and a dram of whatever strikes your fancy.
 
I want to say ‘thank you’ to those who have joined in! As of today, we’re up to 169 members in the Facebook group. If you haven’t joined the Facebook group, please do so. It’s great place to interact with others joining in.
 
 
A few people have had questions about what counts in this challenge, so here’s a quick list.
 
 
Ø Books must be read in 2017
 
Ø Re-reads count
 
Ø All formats (print, digital, or audio) count
 
Ø Any Outlander-related book counts (the big ones, the shorts, the additional material such as the companion books, graphic novel, behind-the-scenes book, and the cookbook)
 
Ø Yes, the Lord John books count.
 
I’m still plowing through volume one of the Outlander Companion. It truly is a brick of a book but it’s full of interesting information and is great if you need to recall a character but don’t want to search through the books to figure out who he/she is. I’m still playing around with the Outlander Kitchen and I’ve found a few new recipes I want to try out. I’ve been trying to listening to Outlander on audio and, well, it’s going a bit slow. I’m just not so sure Davina Porter is my cuppa tea.

 

So, Lovelies, what are you reading? If you’re rereading, are you discovering new things? Have you tried a different format of the book? Newbies, what do you think? Do you have a favorite character other than Jamie and Claire?  

No comments: