Friday, January 27, 2017

Outlander Series Reading Challenge Check-In Post #1




Congratulations, Lovelies! We’ve made it to our very first Outlander Reading Challenge Check-In! Give yourselves a pat on the back and a dram of whatever strikes your fancy.

 

I want to say ‘thank you’ to those who have joined in! We’ve had a massive turnout…so far (as of the 26th) we’re up to 148 members in the Facebook group. If you haven’t joined the Facebook group, please do so. It’s great place to interact with others joining in. If you keep track of your reading on GoodReads, there’s also a GoodReads group.

 

A few people have had questions about what counts in this challenge, so here’s a quick list.

 

Ø Books must be read in 2017

Ø  Re-reads count

Ø  All formats (print, digital, or audio) count

Ø Any Outlander-related book counts (the big ones, the shorts, the additional material such as the companion books, graphic novel, behind-the-scenes book, and the cookbook)

Ø Yes, the Lord John books count.
 

My progress so far: I’m getting ready to tackle Virgins in e-book form (sadly, the print copy I ordered is still floating around somewhere in the postal system). I tried the audiobook but ended up stopping in the middle of the first chapter because the narrator didn’t thrill me. I mean, he was good, don’t get me wrong, but he wasn’t Jamie.

 

I’ve also been playing around with the Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook by Theresa Carle-Sanders. So far I’ve tried to two recipes: Gypsy Stew (taken from chapter 34 of  Outlander) and Black Jack Randal’s Dark Chocolate Lavender Fudge. Both recipes were so delicious, I can’t wait to try the others.



Okay, lovelies, so it’s time to report on your progress. What have you read? What are you currently reading? If you’re re-reading the books have you picked up anything new? First time readers, what’s your impression?


Giveaway Time!
 
 
One lucky participant will win a Just Call Me “Sassenach” necklace made by me. To enter, you must leave a comment with your progress update.
 
Winner will be announced in the Facebook group on January 31st.
 
 

No comments: