Friday, October 23, 2015

Pumpkin Cranberry Scones (Sticky Fingers Bakeries)

I love warm scones on a crisp fall morning although they can be a bit time consuming to make, especially if you want something quick. So, when I discovered the Pumpkin Cranberry Scone mix from Sticky Fingers Bakeries, I knew I needed to give these a try.
 
This mix is super quick and easy. You just add 2/3 cups of cold water, mix, drop heaping tablespoons of dough on a lightly greased baking sheet, and bake for about 15 minutes.
 
I wasn’t really sure what to expect because I’ve never tried a prepackaged scone mix. Although I have to say, I was rather impressed. When they were baking, the aroma was nice mixture of pumpkin, cranberry, ginger and spices. And they were so delicious. While the pumpkin flavor is definitely front and center, it wasn’t overwhelming and allowed the other flavors to come through. Also, I have to say, the texture was amazing. They were moisty yet held up nicely with coating of butter and jam.
 
These are lovely in the morning with a nice hot cuppa tea or served with a nice veggie soup.
 
I’m eager to try the other flavors and the Pumpkin Cranberry Scones are one of the six flavors also available in gluten free. Check out their gluten free scone mixes.
 
Overall, I was really impressed with these scones. Lovely flavor, brilliant texture, super easy to make, and no one will ever know that they came from a mix unless you tell them.



Have you ever tried a scone mix?

If so, did you like it?


No comments: