Monday, March 9, 2015

Bachelor At Her Bidding by Kate Hardy




Your date with Parisian-trained chef Ryan Henderson promises you’ll get the best meal of your life cooked especially for you. His Red Velvet cheesecake is to die for – but we know he has even better desserts up his sleeve…
 
How to win a girl in ten cakes…
 
When Dr. Rachel Cassidy comes back to Marietta with a broken heart and a divorce under her belt, going to a Bachelor Auction fund-raiser doesn’t sound like her idea of a good time – and when her sister and friends “buy” her a dinner date with sexy Parisian-trained pastry chef Ryan Henderson, that sounds even worse.
 
Ryan doesn’t have time for dating – he’s put his dreams to one side and come back to Marietta to look after his sick grandmother. But when he agrees to help a charity fundraiser by offering to cook a special meal to one lucky bidder, he gets more than he bargains for and discovers a woman he might just dare to let himself fall in love with.
 
Then tragedy strikes, just when Rachel and Ryan think they might have a future, opening up old scars and pushing them apart.
 

And if they’re to stand a chance of getting back together, then Ryan’s going to have to be seriously inventive. Can he win the love of his life with ten cakes?
 
Series: Bachelor's Auction #2 | Publisher: Montana Born | Source: Publisher | Rating: 4.5 Cups


Bachelor at Her Bidding was a sweet little romance that I couldn’t put down.
 
Ryan Henderson is a Parisian trained pastry chef who gave up his dream job of working as a pastry chef in the city to move back to his hometown and care for his elderly grandmother. He’s been hurt before by women who put themselves before his grandmother and he’s not going to go down that road, but Rachel is too tempting to resist.
 
Dr. Rachel Cassidy has come back to her hometown after her divorce. Her ex-husband has left her emotionally wounded and filled with self-doubt, but when her friends purchase Ryan’s date during the bachelors auction, there is no denying that she’s attracted to him.
 
This is the second installment in the Bachelor Auction Series and it was another brilliant addition.
 
Ryan is one of my favorite heroes from this series. His dedication to family was touching and he was a brilliant chef. And his desserts had my mouthwatering.
 
I liked Rachel but her whole ‘my husband didn’t find me attractive, so no man will find me attractive’ bit got on my nerves. I would have liked to have seen her have a bit more confidence.
 
Both Rachel and Ryan have been hurt before so they were a bit hesitant before jumping into a relationship but they had this amazing chemistry. Although what got under my skin was the fact that they decided to sleep together to get each other out of their systems.
 
The pacing had a nice flow to it and I found that I had most of the book read before I realized it.
 
Overall, I enjoyed this one. It was a lovely little foodie romance that has me searching for a recipe for red velvet cheesecake.  
 
Series Alert: While this is book 2 in the Bachelors Auction Series, the book truly reads as a standalone.  

Bachelor Auction Series
  

2 comments:

GraceMyBookSnack said...

This sounds adorable, Angela! It's been a while since I've read a bachelor-auction type romance, and I like the sounds of this one.

Angela @ Simply Angela said...

This was the first time I've read a bachelor-auction romance series, so this series was very interesting. You should give them a go.