Friday, December 19, 2014

Interview with Scarlet Wilson

 
 
Hi Scarlet, welcome to Simply Angela.  I have chocolate tiffin and tea. Help yourself and let’s chat.
 
1. Could as you tell us something about yourself, so that we can get to know you a bit better…
 
I live in Scotland, am a mum of two and have just finished writing my 20th book.  I’m also a huge sci-fi fan and love Star Trek and Star Wars!
 
2.Congrats on finishing your 20th book! Your Christmas romance novella, Christmas with the Laird, is out now—congrats! What inspired Christmas with the Laird?
 
Christmas with the Laird was inspired by the thought of an old Downton Abbey style home covered in snow and slightly abandoned.  Two people more or less stranded there due to clause in their contract made it very interesting.  Christmas is my favourite time of year – I definitely love writing Christmas stories.
 
3. Could you introduce readers to Juliette Connolly and Andrew Campbell?
 
Juliette has had a bad year, her confidence is at an all-time low and she was about to have a meal-for-one-tray Christmas Dinner all alone at Christmas.
 
Andrew is a secret Laird but he has lots of reasons for ignoring his family home these past years.  He’s reached the stage in his life where it’s time to put the past behind him.
 
4.*Love secret Lairds, so intriguing* If you were casting Juliette and Andrew, who would you choose?
 
 
Andrew is Scottish but my dream pick would be Josh Holloway the actor who played Sawyer in Lost and starred In Intelligence.  Do you think he could master a Scottish accent?
 
Juliette is English but I want Debra Messing.  I could even forego Juliette’s blonde hair for Debra’s red hair!
 
*I’m drooling just thinking of Josh Holloway complete with a Scottish accent playing Andrew.*  
5. Food plays such a big part in Christmas with the Laird. Do you have any favorite Christmas recipes or cooking disasters you’d like to share?
 
My favourite recipe is the Chocolate Tiffin in the book.  I’m pretty rubbish at everything else.  I’m a huge fan of skinny caramel latte’s, lentil soup, raspberry cheesecake and banana and pecan loaf.  I quite like Brussels sprouts with bacon too!
 
My auntie once went on holiday with her friend to Italy and ordered Strawberries and cream.  The glasses had been in the sun, the cream and strawberries in the cold fridge and the combination made the glasses explode all over them.  Exploding strawberries and cream are hard to beat (and apparently hard to get off summer clothes!)
 
* Sprouts and bacon is one of my favorites as well! And I’ve been known to blow up a turkey or two, but I’ve yet to experience exploding strawberries and cream.*
 
6. Do you do anything special to get into the right frame of mind for writing?
 
I’ve written everywhere.  At work at lunchtime, in my car, in a hotel room, in my bed, at the side of a football pitch and in a Tae Kwon Do lesson.  I work full time and have two kids with activities every night of the week and most weekends.  I don’t have time to get in the right frame of mind – I just have to write!
 
7.       What can readers expect next?
 
I’ve just finished a Christmas midwife series book for Mills and Boon next year, and I’m currently writing a Bride novella for Tule Publishing.
 
Thanks, Scarlet, for stopping by Simply Angela. It’s been lovely chatting with you. And I cannot wait to read your upcoming releases.





Scarlet Wilson wrote her first story aged 8 and has never stopped. Her family have fond memories of ‘Shirley and the Magic Purse’ with its army of mice, all with names beginning with the letter ‘m’. An avid reader Scarlet started with every Enid Blyton book, moved on to the Chalet School and many years later found Harlequin Mills and Boon.
 
She’s worked in the health service for over 20 years, training as a nurse and a health visitor, and now currently works within public health. For her, finding medical romances was a match made in heaven.  Scarlet now writes for Harlequin/Mills and Boon medical and romance lines, Entangled Publishing and Tule Publishing.  She's also written a YA book under the name Scarlet Owen.
 
Scarlet lives on the West Coast of Scotland with her fiancé and their two sons.
 
Connect With Scarlet: Website | Twitter







It's official - for Juliette Connolly Christmas is a bust and she's definitely not in the Christmas spirit. She's been dumped by her boyfriend and replaced by a younger model. Then a clause in her contract means she and a mysterious colleague have to work over Christmas. But there's much more to Andrew Campbell than meets the eye. Especially when it turns out he's the Scottish Laird of the haunted house they're filming in.
 
And it seems like there's magic in the air in the remote snow-filled seting. The local village contains a cast of Christmas characters and even though the boiler in the drafty house is broken the temperature is definitely rising.
 
Maybe Andrew and Juliette are about to be sprinkled with a little Christmas fairy dust?
 



 
Christmas isn’t Christmas in my house without Brussels Sprouts and Bacon. Please enjoy this tasty recipe and don’t forget to let me know if you try it out.




 
Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Bacon

A Simply Angela Recipe

 

½ pound of bacon cut into inch chunks

 1 pound of fresh Brussels sprouts cleaned and larger ones cut in half

2 tablespoons of butter

Salt and Pepper

 

1—In a large pan over medium to high heat, cook up bacon until crisp.

2—Add in Brussel sprouts cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are glossy and tender to a fork.

3-Add butter and salt and pepper to taste and serve.


1 comment:

Sophia Rose said...

The story sounds good. You ladies made me hungry with your talk of food. I'll have to tuck your bacon and Brussel sprouts recipe away, Angela, to use at the opportune moment. I've never had them this way. Thank you!