Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Intros: Charlotte Markham and the House of Darkling

Y8eKqo1303174653

Every Tuesday, Diane @ Bibliophile by the Sea posts the opening paragraph (maybe two) of a book she decided to read based on the opening paragraph(s). Feel free to grab the banner and play along!

cmhd

Chapter 1 The Unraveling of Nanny Prum

Every night I dreamt of the dead. In dreams those who have been lost can be found, gliding on fragments of memory through the dark veil of sleep to ensnare themselves within the remains of the day, to pretend for a moment like a lifetime that they might still be alive and well, waiting by the bedside when the dream is done. They never were, but I could not stop myself from wishing for the possibility that everything I remembered was a mistake, a nightmare taken too literally by the imagination. But morning always came, and with it the startling realization that the dead continued to be so, and that I remained alone.

Would you continue reading? I know that I am eager to devour the secrets of Charlotte Markham and the House of Darkling by Michael Boccacino.

Best Wishes & Happy Reading,

angela new

No comments: