Monday, March 26, 2012

Mailbox Monday & Weekly Update!

 

northumberland-1

Mailbox Monday

is a gathering place for readers to share the books that

came into their house last week and explore great book blogs.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

March Host is: Anna@ Diary of an Eccentric

For Review:

fsf 9781451641813

The “Nice Girls” Series by Molly Harper

imagesCAD6QGK7

All Roads Lead to Austen by Amy Elizabeth Smith

lord of the black isle

Lord of the Black Isle by Elaine Coffman

 

What little lovelies did you find in your mailbox?

****

Weekly Update:

Reading Update:

I was a bit of a slow reading week for me. I hope that I will be able to read more this week, because I am obviously not going to be doing much else!

True Highland Spirit by Amanda Forester- Review to come Tuesday. I also re-read the first two books in this series, The Highlander’s Sword and The Highlander’s Heart.

The Perfect Storm by Lori Foster-Review to come in April.

In my TBR pile:

The Flower Reader by Elizabeth Loupas

The Invasion of Falgannon Isle by Deborah Maccillivray- I bought this book last year and have never really had a chance to read it so I thought that I would finally give it ago!

What was on my telly:

Breakfast at Tiffany’s-I love this movie, although I am seriously considering a bathtub couch.

holly_golightlys_bathtub_sofa-525x400 What do you think?

MI-5 Volume 9-I am seriously addicted to this series, plus I love looking at Lucas North…

lucas northLook at him! Who wouldn’t love that face?

I was not expecting most of the events that happened in Volume 9, which really surprised me (and had me throwing things at my telly whilst shouting at the characters to watch out). Now I am getting ready to start on Volume 10.

Robin Hood Series 3-My absolute favorite version of Robin Hood. The BBC did a brilliant job with this one!  

guymeg1

Gisborne reevaluating his life while in jail.  

My favorite episode thus far has to be “A Dangerous Deal”, which is episode 9 from season three. Throughout the series, we have briefly seen Guy of Gisborne’s humanity peaking out from his rough and tough exterior, but in this episode, you finally see his breakthrough.

guymeg2

My favorite scene!

A Review of Everything Else:

Last week was not a good week for the following reasons.

First-My newly installed alarm from ADT decided that it was going to go off by itself from 7-9:30 at night. I called the company, although they were suppose to call me because the alarm had gone off for more than 15 seconds, they gave me several excuses as to why the alarm went off with actually providing the real reason. Then eventually they stopped trying to come up with an excuse shut the entire alarm off. They said that they were sending a tech out Tuesday…it is now Monday and I am still waiting for the tech to arrive.

Second-Because they shut the entire alarm off, they also shut down my phone and internet because the tech who installed the alarm cut into my phone/internet wires that hooked into the modem. Needless to say, I had to call the phone company to redo the mess the tech from ADT made.

Third-Apparently I wasn’t dealing with enough problems with the alarm and the phone/internet so, I decided that Friday would be a brilliant night to come down with the flu.

To sum up last week:

I went through so many boxes of Kleenex and bottles of Germ-X that I should have stock in the company. I was alarmed, then unalarmed, then unable to make a phone call to the police if I should indeed be in need of their services, which I found very alarming.

 HPIM2714

In the end, I was left with a key pad/alarm system that does not work.

HPIM2719 

A hole in my wall from where the tech did not properly install the box and five hundred and some odd dollars wasted because ADT will not refund money.

 

Until We Meet Again

Best Wishes & Happy Reading,

Angela Renee

No comments: