Saturday, July 24, 2010

Captured by Moonlight Nancy Gideon


IN THIS DARK THRILLER FROM NANCY GIDEON’S SULTRY NEW SERIES, SEXY NEW ORLEANS COP CHARLOTTE CAISSIE GOES HEAD-TO-HEAD WITH THE LAST NEMESIS SHE EVER EXPECTED: HER SUPERNATURAL BOYFRIEND.

THEIR LOVE IS JUST BEGINNING.
Detective Charlotte Caissie is growing used to the secrets that come with loving the mysterious leader of a shape-shifter clan. But that doesn’t mean she has to like it. She’s avoided complications of the heart all her life, but when it comes to irresistible Max Savoie, she’ll force the truth out of him if she has to.

HIS TIME IS ALMOST UP.
Hunted by the deadly trackers his nefarious father warned him about, Max is transforming into a preternatural force he can’t explain and Cee Cee will never understand. He’s tempting the dangerous limits of their love, but it’s her curiosity that could get them both killed.

WILL THEY EVER REALLY BE TOGETHER?
When Max discovers the enemy’s true target is someone far more vulnerable than he, he must do the unthinkable to save his own flesh and blood. But he can’t fight this battle alone, and Cee Cee faces the ultimate test of loyalty: the man she’d sacrifice everything for . . . or the laws she swore her life to protect.

My thoughts:

I am not sure whether it is do to the fact that I haven’t read the first two books in the Shape Shifter series, but I felt as though I was lost reading Captured by Moonlight. Although I am curious about the first two and probably will go hunt them down, and then reread, Captured to see if I can get a new take on the book. For me it felt a little dry, yes it did have the normal romance aspects as well as the internal struggles associated with many of the shape shifter type of books, but I just couldn’t get the feeling of it.

1 comment:

Lover Of Romance said...

I liked your thoughts on this book! I have only read the first one, but I did enjoy it, although it wasn't one of my favorites, but still a good romance! You should try reading the first two! :)